Roof Restoration Boston
If you are planning on selling your home or just wanted an upgrade, a roof replacement will increase the value of your home and its street appeal. If your roof needs some loving care, replacing your roof is better than replacing it. Since both have the same goal which is to extend the life of your roof without breaking your bank account. In this article, we will tackle the signs that your roof needs restoration and how much would it cost you. All thanks to Boston Roofers, your local roofing partner that will save you with all your roof problems.
What is Restoration?
Your roof will show signs of damage over time. Roof restoring is getting your roof cleaned, repaired, and replaced to make the old tile look brand new and repair the damage. So what are the signs your roof needs restoration?
1. Roof Leaks- the first sign that your roof needs to get replaced is when it starts leaking. If this started to happen, the interior of your home is compromised. You will start seeing stains and moss and algae growing on your ceiling. These suggest water damage from a leaking roof.
2. Life Expectancy- Most roof life lasts 20-25 years. Although it varies depends on the materials used when your home was constructed. Getting your roof restored once will be less expensive than getting it repaired frequently.
3. Roof Sagging- If you see a sagging area on your roof, it is a sure sign of damage. If the sagging is really visible, then the problem is with your roof rafters.
4. Deteriorating Roof Valleys- If you notice worn or loose areas around the vents, chimney, pipes, and other areas where the roof is penetrated and sealed. Damaged roof valleys require fixing as soon as possible. This is a sign your roof needs attention.
5. Corrosion- Also known as rust, this is a strong indication that water is collecting and your roof’s fitting and fasteners. It is best to consult a professional if you see rust, flaking paint, and rotting timber.
6. Mold, Rot, and Moisture- They are dangerous since they are really hazardous to health. They are easy to spot since they are smelly, slimy, and has an unattractive appearance. They are characterized by color black, brown, and dark-green blotches.
7. Deteriorating Roof Shingles- If the gutter of your home is starting to get filled by shingle granules and looks curled and worn. This is a definite sign that you have to get your roof restored.
8. Damaged Gutters and Downpipes- if the gutter of your roof shows rust and corrosion
9. Cracked or Worn Roof Flashing- It is best to have your roof’s flashing replaced with modern metal flashing if it is showing signs of broken, worn, or cracked cement flashing. This will prevent leaks and delay the need for premature roof replacement.
10. Cracked or Broken Tiles- Tile roofing is durable and rarely needs to be restored. But if you mislook one damaged tile, the water would sip inside and cause the timber holding up your roof to rot. A cracked tile will need to be replaced as soon as possible.
Leave all of your roof problems to the roof restoration Boston team, your problem is important to us.